If you’re passionate about improving mental health and wellness services for veterans and service members, Adler University can help.
Our M.A. in Psychology: Specialization in Military Psychology draws on our longstanding expertise in military cultural competency and commitment to social justice, producing psychology and mental health professionals with the specialized training to work effectively with military, veterans and their families.
- Curriculum immerses students in every aspect of mental health and the U.S. military and veteran population
- Ideal for civilians as well as military personnel, veterans, retired service members, and military / veteran spouses who want a new career
- Candidates may continue their existing professional and personal commitments as they complete assignments and coursework around a flexible online schedule
Adler is uniquely suited to offer this degree program as it draws on our longstanding expertise in military cultural competency and commitment to social justice. We’ve developed a collaborative partnership with our armed services that fosters community and works to decrease mental health stigma, all while giving students a unique training opportunity.
In this online two-year program, a small-class cohort of peers will both support and challenge you through our rigorous academic curriculum. In addition, virtually all of your instructors will have military experience, providing you with critical knowledge and insight as you focus on applied, rather than clinical, psychology.
This product or service has not been approved or endorsed by any governmental agency, and this offer is not being made by an agency of the government.
The Master of Arts in Psychology: Specialization in Military Psychology is delivered completely online. It consists of thirteen eight-week courses and can be completed in two years. Nearly all faculty members are veterans or experienced military professionals with firsthand understanding of this unique culture and a deep commitment to Adler’s mission.
- Operational Psychology for the Military
- Ethics, Morality and Social Justice in the Military
- Psychological Resilience and Positive Psychology
- Department of Defense and VA Health Care Systems
- Culture and Diversity in the Military
Get a complete list of courses and a more detailed degree plan: CONTACT ADMISSIONS