Lead Social Change at All Levels of Public Service
Contribute to a more just society with Adler University’s online Master of Public Administration (MPA) program. Develop your leadership and advocacy skills along with practical competencies in finance, policy development, research, and analysis. Pursue your professional passion with one of three concentration options: Sustainable Communities, Military and Veteran Services, or Crisis Management. Graduate prepared to act as a change agent in organizations ranging from grassroots community action groups to local, state, or federal government departments.
- Professional curriculum focused on advancing social justice
- Flexible online study; graduate in as few as two years
- Three concentration options help you define yourself as a professional and prepare to serve in areas which matter most to you
- Build ethical organizational leadership skills with mentorship from field-experienced instructors
Align your MPA program with an area of specific concern to you by choosing one of three concentrations.
Shape communities that are economically and ecologically healthy through public policy development that supports sustainable growth.
Gain the skills you need to ensure disaster response puts people first. This concentration focuses on engaging community members, including marginalized and at-risk people, to ensure recovery efforts benefit everyone equitably.
Military and Veteran Services
Develop policy that offers critical support to military servicemembers and their families before, during, and after deployment with specialized course content focused on examining how military culture impacts psychological health and interacts with society at large.
Our MPA is an immersive online program designed for working professionals. It consists of twelve courses: nine in the MPA core and three in your chosen concentration. Classes are small and cohort-based, so you can form meaningful working relationships with classmates and instructors. Your program culminates in a research project in which you focus on a real-world social problem, evaluate existing policy solutions, and propose more equitable alternatives.
Core courses for the online Master of Public Administration aim to develop your practical leadership skills across all areas of administration while also providing theoretical context for your work within social and cultural systems.
- Public Financing
- Ethics and Leadership
- Economic Analysis and Policy Development
- Historical and Theoretical Foundations of the Administrative State
- Organizational Theory in Public Administration
- Research and Evaluation Methods